Apple iPhone 7 - Rumors and Facts
Specifications & Features
- RAM: According to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities, the 4.7-inch iPhone 7 will carry 2 GB RAM while the 5.5-inch iPhone 7 Plus will carry 3 GB RAM.
- Apple A10: According to VentureBeat, the iPhone 7 will receive a 7360 LTE modem from Intel. Presumably, this could also mean that Intel may be responsible for at least part of the design and production of the Apple A10 (German report).
- Internal Storage: The iPhone 7 Plus may offer options up to 256 GB of storage according to MyDrivers.com (German report).
- Battery: Battery capacity for the iPhone 7 could be as high as 3100 mAh according to MyDrivers.com (German report).
- Thickness: The iPhone 7 could be as thin as 6 - 6.5 mm according to Slashgear (German report).
- Dual Cameras: The iPhone 7 Plus may get dual cameras on the back at 12 MP each while the smaller iPhone 7 may only receive a single rear camera on unknown MP count (German report).
- Earphones: The 3.5 mm audio port may be removed in favor of Bluetooth and Lightning earphones, though more recent rumors deny these claims. (Mac Otakara, German report).
- Smart Connector: According to Mac Otakara (German report), both the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus may include a Smart Connector similar to the iPad Pro for dedicated keyboards and other accessories.
- Waterproof: The next iPhones may have some protection against water and dust to be more competitive against the Galaxy S7 (German report).
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Release & Preis
- The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are expected to come this Fall with official reveals this September.
Apple patent deals with luminescence shock
Apple announces Product Red Special Edition iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
Apple releases patch to fix the Indian 'Telugu bug' on all platforms
Apple responds to reports regarding the US Government's enquiry into throttling iPhones
Apple devices are already protected against Meltdown without any hit to performance
Apple allegedly throttling older iPhones with degraded batteries
IHS chart shows how much the iPhone X costs to produce compared to previous models
Apple fixes the autocorrect bug on iPhones and iPads
Qualcomm trying to get iPhone sales banned in China
iPhone 7 was the most purchased phone internationally in the first half of 2017
Forget Safari, now all iOS users can live life on the Edge
Apple tells the FCC they can't enable FM radio in the iPhone 8 because it doesn't have one
Google and Apple release emergency patches to fix Wi-Fi exploit in iPhone 7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
iPhone X to pack 3GB of RAM, biggish (for Apple) 2,716 mAh battery
PSA | Legacy 32-bit iOS apps will fail to run on iOS 11
This is the iPhone X: Apple's flagship, reimagined
iPhone X could pack a hexa-core processor
Siri and Alexa are vulnerable to ultrasonic voice commands
Huawei overtakes Apple for No. 2 global smartphone maker spot
Leaked VMI document offers an insight into Apple's warranty repair rules for the iPhone
Virgin Mobile announces a steal of a deal for iPhone users
Broadcomm WiFi can be hacked on iPhone and several modern Android phones
Qualcomm hits back at Intel's claims of anti-competitive behavior
Qualcomm CEO thinks Apple will settle in latest lawsuit
OnePlus 5 officially hits the launch pad and is more Apple-esque than ever
OnePlus posts an image of the OnePlus 5 in hopes of combating iPhone rip-off claims
Consumer watchdog accuses Apple of misleading customers about repairs
Apple and Samsung dominate 2017 American Customer Satisfaction Index
Apple hits $800 billion market valuation
Apple iOS 10.3 now publicly available
Wikileaks says the CIA specifically targeted Apple products
Amazon's Alexa comes to iOS
Google says it has patched exploits used by the CIA
Research firm finds iPhone failure rate increasing, eclipsing Android
Apple's iPhone refresh details get further confirmation
Apple rumored to update iPad Pro, iPhones in March
Glitz and glam on the go: MOXYO Showtime Glass adds sparkle to your iPhone's screen
Xiaomi may be making its own mobile SoC, codenamed "Pinecone"
Super Slow: Sony develops smartphone camera capable of recording 1080p at almost 1,000 fps
Apple to start making iPhones in Bangalore
Oppo R9 replaces iPhone as top selling phone in China
Apple Stroll: First AirPods TV-ads promise easy pairing
Apple "Take mine!": New iPhone 7 Plus commercial puts focus on Portrait Mode
Getting the Apple AirPods before Christmas can cost up to $1.000
Apple's wireless AirPods now available for purchase
Occipital Bridge: Mixed Reality Headset for iPhones
Apple AirPods finally coming in the next few weeks
Cortana coming to the UK on Android and iOS
Study shows over 99% of counterfeit Apple chargers dangerous: watchdog group
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros