Working For Notebookcheck
Notebookcheck is looking for highly motivated editors.
As an independent freelancer, you can work wherever and whenever you want. For the most part, you only need a computer and access to the internet.
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor - Details here
Currently Available Jobs
|review-editor||proofreader||news editor||other editorial content|
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros
News Editors scout the web for topics of interest and will receive relevant press releases from manufacturers to cover in short articles. These techies are frequent visitors of blogs and sites revolving around consumer electronics and are comfortable with meeting daily or weekly quotas.
This freelance position requires daily activity and access to Skype for communication and announcements. Interested candidates must submit three original sample news pieces of around 300 words each on topics relevant to Notebookcheck for our consideration. Links to previously published work and a resume are also encouraged.
News Editors who show proficiency of specific topics may be given the opportunity to compose longer editorials and opinion pieces.
- Publish a minimum number of short news pieces per day or week. This minimum may increase during key press events and annual conventions (ex., CES, MWC, IFA, Computex, etc.)
- Follow strict guidelines to publish in the familiar Notebookcheck format
- Native English speaker with a firm grasp of language and grammar
- A knack for finding relevant and interesting news topics to publish
- Understanding of NDAs
- Extensive knowledge of the latest tablets and laptops and the growing trends in the industry
- Familiarity with product codenames from Intel, AMD, and Nvidia and their respective family trees of CPUs, APUs, and GPUs
- Being reliable, rational, and responsive are essential for any freelance position
- Bilingual with the ability to translate your own content to and from English
- Experience in written media or newsrooms
- Experience in navigating through content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress or TYPO3
- Canadian citizen
A new language section is established and maintained autonomously by a licensee. Notebookcheck will host the language section and provide technical assistance, layout, and a part of the content. Both sides get a share of the earnings.
Reliability is most important. Furthermore, economical, editorial, and hardware experience are needed. A concrete business concept is appreciated. Also, a background in human resources is favored. This task is intended for established companies with experience in the media market.
Send us a curriculum vitae, references and business plan. A business plan should contain a concrete strategy how to organize and finance a license section. Such project scheduling requires some experience. The business plan should demonstrate that. Media companies are appreciated.
Please use this form for your application.