War Thunder 2.19 "Drone Age" now available with Chinese helicopters, UAVs, and much more
As seen in most of the recent military conflicts, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), often referred to as "drones," are an essential asset of any fighting force that can often turn the tide of an armed encounter. War Thunder 2.19, released earlier today, brings this piece of technology to the game, alongside a full Chinese helicopter tech tree, new locations, improved visual effects, and more.
These are the highlights of the War Thunder 2.19 "Drone Age" update:
- Drones for scouting and attacking enemies, depending on the BR of the light tank that employs them.
- New visual effects, including new explosions for ground and naval vehicles, as well as an improved hit camera.
- Two Su-25 ground attack jets, as well as the anticipated Mirage 2000C-S5.
- Aircraft fire extinguishers, currently available for over 100 planes and helicopters.
- New models of Swedish and Japanese tank crews.
- No less than 10 new ships, including the legendary USS Alaska.
- Golden Bay and Pradesh, new locations for various battle modes.
The full list of changes is as long as usual. Those who want to know everything about the minor tweaks and fixes delivered by War Thunder 2.19 can find it on this page.