War Thunder 2.7 "Red Skies" now live with two new locations, rank VII aircraft, new ground vehicles, ships, and more
After a nearly three months since the release of update 2.5 "Ixwa Strike," War Thunder has finally received a new major update. Now pushed up to version 2.7 and known as "Red Skies," Gaijin's popular product sports rank VII aircraft with a top BR of 11.0, two new locations, and much more.
Those with slower connections should be aware that War Thunder 2.7 "Red Skies" comes inside a 4.5 GB package, so downloading it might take a while. Now, these are the highlights of this update:
- Rank VII for aviation, with new jets like the MiG-23M, J-7E, and a premium F-5C in the Red Menace camouflage.
- A new naval shell chase camera and 6 new ships, including the Dante Alighieri and USS Wyoming.
- New locations: "Red desert" for mixed battles and "Drowned city" for naval engagements.
- No less than 11 new ground vehicles, including modern Chinese SPAA and the Russian T-80BVM tank.
- Multiple location and mission updates, minor changes to models, weaponry, damage model, flight model, physics, visuals, and so on.
- Various ship names have been changed in the research tree, vehicle cards, and in battles.
Those who want to know all the details can go ahead and check the comprehensive changelog which is available on this page. As usual, below you can enjoy a few screenshots of mine and the official update trailer. If you want to share any War Thunder-related thoughts with the world, the comments section is all yours.