War Thunder turns 9
War Thunder has come a very long way in the 9 years it spent on the market since it came out of testing. Starting today, players will be able to benefit of multiple special events and promotions for an entire week, not to mention the festive decal and loading screen.
Without further ado, these are the highlights of the War Thunder anniversary week that starts today, but also for later dates:
- In-game discounts of 50% on 90, 180, and 365 days premium accounts, all in-game vehicles for Silver Lions and Golden Eagles, as well as on all backup vehicles, modifications, and talismans.
- Festive “The Snail is 9 years old!” decal and a unique "9th Anniversary of War Thunder" loading screen.
- Discounts of up to 50% in the Gaijin.Net store, but during the week that starts on November 8.
- The German Maus heavy tank can be researched and purchased for SL.
- Celebration Tournament series “WT9 Years” starting on November 9, to end on November 15.
- Exclusive merchandise and special digital gifts.
War Thunder is now available for Windows, Linux, Mac, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. It features more than 2,000 military vehicles from the early years of the last century to the high-tech contemporary hardware. Battles are fought across an ever-increasing number of maps, the visuals are great, and the overall experience is at least enjoyable for most players (I am one of those who really love the game, although my schedule no longer allows me to play as much as I did in the first few years of the game).
Happy birthday, War Thunder!