War Thunder 2.13 "Winged Lions" comes with more Israeli aircraft, new ships and tanks across all nations, and much more
The final update for the ongoing year brings War Thunder up to version 2.13 and gets serious with the Israeli military by adding an entire collection of airplanes (available as Closed Beta Testing (CBT) content) and special packages for the ground forces. Thankfully, this update consists of much more than just Israeli military hardware that free-to-play users can only get access to by paying or by completing a series of in-game missions.
Without further ado, these are the highlights of War Thunder 2.13 "Winged Lions," an update that was released yesterday:
- No less than 20 aircraft in the starting lineup of the Israel Air Forces tech tree (accessible for those who complete the special access tasks or buy one of the Israeli premium aircraft packs).
- Over a dozen of new and updated ground vehicles, including the Leclerc SXXI and the Challenger 2 TES.
- Scharnhorst and five other new vessels.
- Air movement now has an impact on the looks of particle effects such as fire, smoke, dust, explosions, and sparks.
- Israel map for air battles with two missions, updated Volokolamsk, and a new mission on the Spain map.
In addition to the above, this major game update comes with a long list of minor tweaks and fixes, as usual.
The Israeli ground forces CBT early access packs will provide access to the upcoming ground tech tree, which is scheduled to join the game with the first update of 2022. For the time being, there should be plenty of new stuff for everyone to enjoy while waiting for the full tech tree of Israeli tanks to arrive.