War Thunder 2.11 "Ground Breaking" now available with a new nation, terramorphing mechanics, and much more
Noticeably smaller than the previous update (5.3 GB vs. 7.62 GB), War Thunder 2.11 "Ground Breaking" brings Israel into the list of nations with separate tech trees, but its most interesting feature is simply called "terramorphing" and if the name doesn't say it all, you should just check the official update trailer to see it in action.
In addition to the ability to modify the battlefield using dozer blades and the usual explosions, War Thunder 2.11 "Ground Breaking" comes with the following highlights:
- New guided bombs and targeting pods, as well as 10 new or upgraded aircraft.
- No less than 11 new ground vehicles, including 3 lightweight weapons carriers from the Wiesel family.
- Five new ships, including the USS Mitscher and HMS Marlborough.
- New maps: Aral Sea (mixed battles), Bourbon Island (aerial arcade), and Vyborg Bay (coastal fleet).
- Israel gets a tech tree, which only has two pieces of military hardware for now (the Spitfire LF Mk.IX Weizman's and A-4E Skyhawk, both premium planes).
In addition to the above, various missions and locations received multiple improvements, and many models and vehicle characteristics have been adjusted. In addition to the reworked fire effects and explosions on ground vehicles, War Thunder 2.11 also added the muzzle fire effect with an open breech. Those interested in sharing their thoughts with other players can join the discussion on the official War Thunder forums here.