War Thunder 1.91 "Night Vision" goes live with more modern jets, Chinese hardware, a new tone mapping system, and more
War Thunder 1.91 is now live and this new update is one of the most radical the game has received so far. However, the new release — suggestively called "Night Vision" — brings more to the table than just new vehicles, locations, and the usual tweaks and fixes.
While the new Chinese ground vehicles and airplanes — available beyond the first reserve units only for those who purchase vehicle packs — and the night vision/thermal sight equipment are very interesting additions to the game, War Thunder 1.91 "Night Vision" also integrates the following highlights:
- Three new locations - Cargo port, Palau islands, and Japanese port.
- A map rotation filter available for both free and premium accounts that allows players to exclude maps and missions from rotation.
- New aircraft - including the legendary F-4C Phantom II and MiG-21 F-13.
- New vessels, of which the German heavy cruiser Admiral Hipper is the largest ship now available in the game.
- New ground vehicles, with quite a few noticeable changes in the German tech tree, such as the removal of the Maus, Coelian, Panther II, and Tiger II (10.5 cm KwK) from the regular tree.
- A new tone mapping system that makes the game's graphics look softer and slightly less saturated — HDR monitor support is still under development, sadly.
- New helicopters for a few nations, including the Eurocopter Tiger.
In addition to the above, there is also the usual amount of bug fixes, tweaks, and optimizations. All in all, this is the most interesting update the game has received in a long time. Now, Gaijin Entertainment only needs to take the battle rating/matchmaking systems very seriously and fix all the problems that the community has been complaining about for ages.
What do you think about War Thunder 1.91 "Night Vision" and the changes it brings? Is this title on the right path or not? Just be sure to stay on topic and avoid pointless "this is a paid article" comments — this article has not been sponsored by Gaijin in any way.