World of Tanks 1.5 comes with high-tier Swedish mediums, the ability to exclude maps in Standard Battles, and more
World of Tanks 1.5 goes live today — it will probably be up and running by the time I publish this article — and it comes with quite a few noticeable changes, including new high-tier Swedish medium tanks with hydropneumatic suspension and the long-awaited — because every World of Tanks player has at least one map he/she hates — ability to blacklist one map.
Since there is much more to World of Tanks 1.5 than just the highlights mentioned above, here is a quick roundup of all the changes that will have an impact of anyone's in-game experience sooner or later:
- Nerfs — obviously called "reworked characteristics" — to the mobility and gun aiming characteristics of the infamous FV 4005. However, the insane per-shot damage value was not reduced.
- The Swedish heavy line gets a few buffs, as well as three new medium companions that feature hydropneumatic suspension (starting at tier VIII).
- A special menu allows you to exclude one map from Standard battles (available for tier IV and higher matches).
- World of Tanks Premium account that brings a 3x manageable bonus for experience that can be used five times per day, a Special Stock for increasing the credit earnings, a chain of consecutive daily premium missions, and more. This account also allows its owner to exclude an additional map from the pool.
- Shorter stun duration and lower damage for artillery.
- The Japanese heavy tanks — specifically those sporting the top 14-cm and 15-cm guns — have been nerfed. For example, the standard HE shell damage for the 15-cm gun was decreased from 1,100 to 900, while the special shell also lost almost 30 percent of its damage potential, but gained in penetration (now at 192 mm).
- New sets of styles for all nations — obviously available for gold.
- The Care Package Delta for Twitch Prime users (you should be able to apply for a free trial and get the in-game loot package as well).
These being said, you should go ahead and watch the official update review movie below. As usual, it would be great to hear from you in the comments section. Which are your favorite World of Tanks 1.5 changes? Are there some that you despise?