Armored Warfare 0.28 now live with new French vehicles, Battalion Ranked Battles, and more
Armored Warfare is back with a major update and in spite of its rather pre-alpha release number — 0.28 — this vehicular combat online title is a fairly mature piece of code. After the merging of the North American and European servers that took place in November 2018, playing this game in PvP mode does not require waiting in queue for up to 5 or 10 minutes. Now, the new vehicle dealer and the other changes that we will talk about below try to bring Armored Warfare closer to its main competitor, namely World of Tanks.
Without further ado, these are the highlights of the Armored Warfare 0.28 update:
- new dealer Francine De Laroche with the following vehicles: AMX-50, AMX-30B2, AMX-30B2 Brenus, AMX-40, AMX-13 DCA, C-13 TUA
- soon to be added vehicles: Leclerc Prototype, VCAC Mephisto, Char Leclerc, Char Leclerc "Le Terminateur"
- unique vehicle skills
- new camouflages and decals
- new retrofits and achievements
- Battalion Ranked Battles - Battalion vs Battalion PvP mode similar to Clan Wars in World of Tanks
- two new Special Operations missions
- many tweaks and fixes
The update is not extremely large as it weighs less than 3 GB, so those on metered connections have a small reason for celebration here. To be honest, I cannot say yet if this update takes the game in the right direction, but it definitely comes with a few interesting changes that old players — and new ones — definitely need to check out.