MSI GF, GL, GP, GE, GS, and GT gaming laptops are all now shipping with GeForce GTX 16 GPU and 9th gen Core i CPU options
Both Intel's 9th generation Core i CPUs and Nvidia's Turing-based GTX 16 series are now official for the laptop world. Like clockwork, major OEMs everywhere have been announcing new laptops left and right with the brand new processors. MSI in particular will be updating its entire library of gaming G Series laptops with the 9th gen Core i7 and/or Core i9 CPUs and GeForce GTX 1650/1660 Ti GPUs.
The high-end GE, GS, and GT models can all be configured up to the Core i9 CPU while the lower-end GP, GL, and GF series will be limited up to the Core i7-9750H. The GS65 in particular will have an optional 240 Hz display similar to the recently announced Aorus 15 and Blade 15 refresh. Meanwhile, the latest GP and GL models have been upgraded with per-key RGB lighting whereas last generation models were single-zone or preset multi-zone only.
Other than the changes mentioned above, the refreshed models will sport the exact same chassis designs as their predecessors. MSI has no brand new chassis design to reveal at the moment for its G Series.
It's worth noting that this latest round of updates includes no AMD Ryzen options in contrast to the Asus TUF FX505 and FX705. It's likely that MSI has strong relationships with both Intel and Nvidia and so the company sees no financial reason to offer an AMD-based G Series laptop.
MSI Press Release
City of Industry – CA, April 23rd, 2019 – MSI, a world leader in gaming hardware unveils an industry-leading selection of gaming and content creator laptops geared with the newest 9th Gen. Intel®Core™ i9 processors and latest NVIDIA® GeForce® GPUs, including the P65 and P75 Prestige Series. Powered by Intel’s 9th Gen. Core™ i9 processors, MSI’s lineup now enjoys up to 45% performance increase when compared to previous versions.
“Innovation and technology have always been at the core of MSI and we’ve successfully partnered with leading brands to craft top-notch gaming solutions for our fans,” said, Charles Chiang, MSI’s global CEO. “The latest 9th Gen. Intel® Core™ i9 processors increase performance and speed while the latest NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics offers amazing image quality for both gamers and content creators alike.”
Optimized Gaming Experience
In addition to Intel’s 9th Gen i9 processors, MSI’s full lineup of gaming laptops, including the GT, GS, GE, GP, GL and GF series are now armed with NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 20 series and GTX 16 series graphics, offering up to 50% performance boost for an even smoother gameplay and amazing image quality on the go. Other upgrades include:
- GT Titan - Heralded for its incomparable performance, the GT Titan now rocks an overclockable i9 processor, stunning 4K UHD display, Cooler Boost Titan, dual fans, and 11 cooling pipes.
- GS Stealth - A nimble assassin, the GS Stealth can now be outfitted with a 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 processor and any NVIDIA GPU to highlight it’s 240Hz display, from the GeForce RTX™ 2080 with Max-Q design to a GTX 1660 Ti.
- GE Raider- Tailored for gaming enthusiast and designed to give gamers the ideal experience in both aesthetics and performance, the GE Raider can now also be armed with an 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 processor.
- GP75 Leopard - A true gaming laptop in disguise, the GP75 Leopard now sports a per-key RGB keyboard by SteelSeries.
- GL73 and GL63 - The ultimate accessible gaming laptops, the GL73 and GL63 now come with per-key RGB keyboard and a variety of GPUS, from the RTX to the GTX 16 Series.
- GF Thin - Winner of the 2019 IF Design Award, the GF Thin Series is now even more compact and lightweight, allowing for true gaming mobility.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros