Garmin reinstates missing changes for Fenix 6, Enduro, Marq, Quatix 6 and Tactix Delta smartwatches in new Beta Version 25.91 update
Garmin has issued another minor beta update for Fenix 6, Enduro, Marq, Quatix 6 and Tactix Delta series smartwatches, following last month's release of Beta Version 25.89. While the company has not moved this round of beta development into Release Candidate territory yet, Beta Version 25.91 is available as an over-the-air (OTA) download or through Garmin Mobile Connect (GCM) and Garmin Express. Hence, all public beta testers who own Fenix 6, Enduro, Marq, Quatix 6 or Tactix Delta smartwatches should receive Beta Version 25.91 within the next few days.
According to the company's changelog, Beta Version 25.91 fixes an issue that caused manual Wi-Fi synchronisations to be reported as having failed. Please note that this only occurred on Pro smartwatches, restricting it to the Fenix 6 Pro and Fenix 6S Pro. Beta Version 25.91 does not contain any GPS, Sensor Hub, Wi-Fi or ANT/BLE/BT updates though, nor any new secure_config.gcd files. As such, it should be possible to download and install Beta Version 25.91 without making any further changes.
Also, it seems that Garmin erroneously removed bug fixes from last week's changelog. In short, Garmin appeared to remove 17 changes that it had developed between v25.10 and Beta Version 25.88. However, these have all returned in the changelog for Beta Version 25.91, bringing the total changes between v25.10 and the latest beta to 35. For reference, the full changelog that Garmin has included so far from the last stable update are as follows:
- Added Obstacle Course Racing activity.
- Added the ability to rate Connect IQ applications from the app settings menu.
- Updated Altitude Acclimation widget to now shows altitude acclimation as a percent.
- Updated the Golf activity to now allow users to disable the auto-lap notification when recording the activity.
- Updated the inReach app to prompt the user when the inReach device is out of range when tracking is toggled on.
- Improved Ski activity to now distinguish when you are on lifts versus skiing downhill
- Improved algorithm for calculating calories burned in Swim activities.
- Improved voice prompts played during activities.
- Fixed a potential issue in the Strength activity where the configured weight of a set sometimes doesn't carry over to following sets.
- Fixed an issue where low battery alerts don't automatically switch power modes even when configured to do so.
- Fixed a UI issue when editing alarms.
- Fixed a potential issue where connecting headphones while shuffle playing music would cause the device to restart the playlist.
- Fixed an issue where setting the default battery mode for an activity would not change the current battery mode of the current activity session.
- Fixed a potential issue causing CIQ watch faces to fail to load.
- Fixed a potential issue causing device shutdowns in strength activities.
- Fixed a potential issue where receiving text messages from a phone would cause the device to shutdown.
- Fixed an issue where Livetrack would not auto-start on activities even when configured to do so.
- Fixed an issue where the device would not exit Battery Saver Mode after charging fully.
- Fixed possible issues with inaccurate altimeter data on recorded activities.
- Fixed an issue with gender not defaulting to female on "S" sized devices.
- Fixed an issue where the timer data on the Ski activity was incorrectly formatted.
- Fixed missing vibration on Obstacle Course Racing splits.
- Fixed a potential shutdown that would occur when rating a Connect IQ application.
- Fixed issue with incorrect weight after editing the last set's weight in the strength activity.
- Fixed a potential issue where the daily suggested workout prompt would display the incorrect message.
- Fixed a potential issue causing the device to wipe music from storage after software updates.
- Fixed various system stability issues.
- Fixed an issue with manual Wifi syncs getting reported as failed.
- Fixed an issue where the device would not show all saved waypoints on the waypoint list.
- Fixed a possible shutdown that would occur when receiving smart notifications during an activity.
- Fixed a possible shutdown when selecting a PacePro plan.
- Fixed possibly not being able to set a custom power mode inside an activity.
- Fixed a possible issue that would cause the device to report incorrect ascent and descent data during an activity.
- Fixed a possible issue that would cause the device to shut down when editing a set in the strength activity.
- Fixed an issue with manual Wifi syncs getting reported as failed on Pro devices.