Garmin releases Beta Version 26.00 to Fenix 6, Enduro, Marq, Quatix 6 and Tactix Delta as new Release Candidate
Garmin has published a new beta update for the Fenix 6 series, following last week's release of Beta Version 25.91. Now, the company has brought Fenix 6, Enduro, Marq, Quatix 6 and Tactix Delta series smartwatches up to Beta Version 26.00 ahead of a new stable build. According to Garmin, Beta Version 26.00 is a Release Candidate, meaning that the same build should reach stable status soon provided that it observes no critical issues during public beta testing.
For reference, Beta Version 26.00 contains the following changes from Beta Version 25.10, with Garmin again removing numerous bug fixes from earlier Beta Version 25.xx builds.
- Added the ability to rate Connect IQ applications from the app settings menu.
- Added Obstacle Course Racing activity.
- Improved algorithm for calculating calories burned in Swim activities.
- Improved voice prompts played during activities.
- Updated Altitude Acclimation widget to now show altitude acclimation as a percent.
- Updated the Golf activity to now allow users to disable the auto-lap notification when recording the activity.
- Updated the inReach app to prompt the user when the inReach device is out of range when tracking is toggled on.
- Fixed a possible issue that would cause the device to shut down when editing a set in the strength activity.
- Fixed a possible shutdown that would occur when receiving smart notifications during an activity.
- Fixed a possible shutdown when selecting a PacePro plan.
- Fixed a potential issue where connecting headphones while shuffle playing music would cause the device to restart the playlist.
- Fixed an issue where setting the default battery mode for an activity would not change the current battery mode of the current activity session.
- Fixed a potential issue causing CIQ watch faces to fail to load.
- Fixed a potential issue causing device shutdowns in strength activities.
- Fixed an issue where the device would not exit Battery Saver Mode after charging fully.
- Fixed an issue where the device would not show all saved waypoints on the waypoint list.
In a forum post, Garmin explains that it is at 10% rollout to smartwatches enrolled on its Beta Program. However, it should be possible to trigger the download of Beta Version 26.00 manually by heading to Menu > System > Software Update > Check for Updates on your Fenix 6, Enduro, Marq, Quatix 6 or Tactix Delta series smartwatch. Beta Version 26.00 is only available as an over-the-air (OTA) update, preventing its download through GCM or Garmin Express.