Alienware creates the perfect hotel room for gamers
An “Alienware Room” has opened at the Hilton hotel in Panama City, and it is practically guaranteed to offer a pleasant, if not necessarily restful, stay for gamers. Apart from the fact that the Alienware logo can be seen on everything from the pillows and the walls to even the tissue dispenser, the room is also stocked to the gills with the hardware products that the Dell-owned subsidiary is renowned for. So what does Room 2425 at the Panama Hilton offer for its visitors?
- An Alienware desktop PC powered by an Intel Core i7-8700 chip with 32 GB RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti to make those graphics truly pop.
- A 65-inch 4K OLED TV.
- An Alienware 15 laptop with an i7-7700HQ and 32 GB RAM supported by an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 GPU.
- A 34-inch Alienware 4K curved gaming monitor.
- A pair of Xbox One Elite controllers.
- An Oculus Rift headset.
- A huge gaming chair that will possibly make you weep with happiness as soon as you see it.
Naturally, all this extravagant hardware is accompanied by the typical bells and whistles (well LED lighting in this case). The room even has two beds, a bathroom, and a shower – but who cares about those sorts of things when you can be blazing glorious trails on a 65-inch 4K OLED TV?
It costs US$349 a night to stay in Room 2425. Chicken dinners cost extra.