Amazfit brings new heart rate algorithm with enhanced accuracy to popular smartwatches via latest update
Amazfit has issued a new update for the GTR 4 (curr. US$169.99 on Amazon) and GTS 4, over a year after the company released the pair alongside the GTS 4 Mini. For context, Amazfit is on something of a spree of updating its smartwatch portfolio in recent weeks, having brought new features and bug fixes to the Balance, Cheetah, Cheetah Pro, Falcon and T-Rex Ultra.
Now, it has released numerous improvements to the GTR 4 and GTS 4 via firmware version 18.104.22.168. Rolling out as an 11.79 MB over-the-air (OTA) download, firmware version 22.214.171.124 contains a 15-line strong changelog with more bug fixes than new features. Arguably, the biggest change isa new heart rate algorithm, which Amazfit claims 'enhances accuracy' during workouts.
Additionally, Amazfit's Cadence Assistant now supports the option of setting reminders that emit a vibration, a sound or both when triggered. Firmware version 126.96.36.199 should be available to download now globally through the Zepp app on your paired smartphone. The full changelog for the GTR 4 and GTS 4's latest update is as follows:
- Address issue causing watch and mobile phone to not automatically reconnect in some instances.
- Address recurring schedule reminders issue after syncing the watch with the phone.
- Addressing the issue of high heart rate readings during static scenes.
- Assistant > Cadence Assistant > Prompt Mode.
- Cadence Assistant allows you to set reminders with vibration, sound, or a combination. Path: GO page >
- Correct the issue of certain music files being unplayable.
- Enhance path drawing effect of track in navigation.
- Fix the problem of sound being absent during music playback in certain scenarios.
- Improve calculation of altitude difference in sports.
- Rectify problem causing Voice Broadcast in workout to become stuck in certain scenes.
- Rectify the issue of Always On failing to function as scheduled.
- Rectify the issue of Wake on Wrist Raise failing to function as scheduled.
- Resolve issue preventing use of "My Location" after saving multiple locations in workout.
- Resolve the issue of the incomplete display of all the music list.
- We're introducing a new heart rate algorithm that enhances accuracy during your workout sessions.