Samsung releases another One UI Watch 4.5 beta update for the Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch4 Classic
Samsung has issued another update for its One UI Watch 4.5 beta program, a day after the company confirmed details about the operating system's public release. Arriving as R8xxXXU1ZVG3, the fourth beta update arrives alongside a new version of Watch4 Manager Beta, which has now reached version 188.8.131.5271211. Although Samsung has not provided a changelog for Watch4 Manager, it urges people to update the app through the Galaxy Watch4 plugin.
As for R8xxXXU1ZVG3, Samsung claims that it has only fixed various bugs, rather than adding new features. Specifically, the latest One UI Watch 4.5 update contains the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Fixed force closed issue of permission pop-up when the users add current location in Weather Tile
- Fixed mismatch problem of connection status between Galaxy Wearable App and BT setting
- Fixed ANR problem when checking Samsung Health screen during exercise
- Fixed time-shaking problem of Stopwatch
- Stabilized Watchface function
- Stabilized sleeping mode function
- Fixed the issue of Sysui crash
- Improved the stabilization of Message App
- Improved Watch Battery App
Vaguely, Samsung adds that it has applied other improvements; it remains to be seen what other changes are live within R8xxXXU1ZVG3, though. Currently, Samsung has committed to releasing stable One UI Watch 4.5 builds later this quarter, likely in August. Hence, the company could release at least one more beta build, likely the update's release candidate. Incidentally, Samsung has teased that it is holding back new features, other than those it has already showcased. Hence, it seems that the current state of One UI Watch 4.5 does not represent what the OS will look like when the Galaxy Watch5 and Galaxy Watch5 Pro arrive.