Redmi Smart TV Max stats from Xiaomi reveal the 98-inch set has monthly sales 30 times higher than its rivals and has found a home in 290 Chinese cities
Xiaomi has smashed a massive home run with the 98-inch Redmi Smart TV Max since its launch earlier this year. It appears there has been quite a market for a television that requires the help of a crane to install it. According to some statistics released by Xiaomi, the Redmi Max 98 has been selling at a rate of an incredible 30 times higher than its similar-sized rivals in regard to monthly average sales. The 19,999-yuan (US$3,061) price tag certainly doesn't do any harm for a start, as apparently the average price for a 98-inch TV is 100,000 yuan (US$15,307).
On top of that, Xiaomi has had to send its installation team to 290 cities in China so far to help customers place their 98-inch Redmi Smart TV Max in exactly the right location. There are a total of 687 cities in the People’s Republic of China, so in close to half of those there is someone enjoying the delights of the huge Redmi Max 98. Accordingly, the Redmi device has travelled to 31 provinces and regions, with a maximum distance of 3,800 km (2,361 miles) between the furthest two cities apart.
Amazingly, Xiaomi techs have had to deal with the equivalent of over 55,000 floors when delivering the Redmi Smart TV Max to eager owners around the country, involving the requirement of a crane on over 600 occasions. It’s an impressive feat that must eat heavily into the profit margin Xiaomi makes with each 98-inch Redmi Smart TV Max sale. Although the international price tag for such a device would obviously be much higher, and the shipping and delivery logistics would be a potential nightmare, there will be still plenty hoping for a global or wider regional launch of the giant television with such an attractive price tag.
- 98-inch (3840x2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle
- HDR 10, MEMC motion compensation, 192 partition dynamic backlight
- 1.9 GHz quad-core Cortex-A55 Amlogic T972 12nm processor with Mali-G31 MP2 GPU
- 4 GB RAM memory and 64 GB storage
- PatchWall custom software and XiaoAI voice assistant
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 GHz/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2
- 3 x HDMI (one has ARC), 2 x USB, S/PDIF, Ethernet
- H.264, Real, MPEG1/2/4, etc. support
- 2 x 8 W speakers, DTS audio, Dolby Audio