Garmin adds a dozen new features to Fenix 7, Enduro 2, Epix 2, Quatix 7 and Marq 2 smartwatches with new beta update
Garmin has released a new beta update to Fenix 7, Enduro 2, Epix 2, Quatix 7 and Marq 2 series smartwatches, following the release of a major stable update towards the end of February. Incidentally, Betav version 13.09 is the first beta update that Garmin has delivered to these smartwatches since it announced an overhaul to its Beta Program.
As we have discussed separately, Garmin will now issue Alpha and Beta versions automatically rather than requiring people to download the former manually. According to Garmin, checking for a new alpha or beta update is as simple as heading to Menu -> System -> Software Update and then clicking Check For Updates. However, you must enrol the Fenix 7, Enduro 2, Epix 2, Quatix 7 or Marq 2 before Garmin issues Beta version 13.09. This will only apply for now though, with the company hoping to return to its Garmin Connect Mobile (GCM) distribution method in future.
Surprisingly, the first beta update in this cycle contains 34 changes, with numerous bug fixes, improvements and new features. The changelog for Beta version 13.09 is as follows. Please note, these changes apply from v11.28 that Garmin shipped roughly a month ago. Please see Garmin's blog post for more details.
- Add more apps/glances to power controls and hot keys.
- Added 7 day sleep stage graph.
- Added Apps category to activity/app list add flow.
- Added calorie burn rate chart to post-activity summary.
- Added flashlight strobe option to power controls. (Fenix 7X/Tactix 7/Enduro 2 only)
- Added HRV Status 4-week historical graph.
- Added HRV status data field to watch faces.
- Added Load Ratio to Training Status.
- Added more data field options to the hierarchical data page layout.
- Added new activity stage landing page.
- Added Obstacle Course Racing activity.
- Added Workout Execution Score to post-activity summary.
- Added Wrist Based Running Dynamics.
- Fixed Armenian font issue.
- Fixed issue that would sometimes show the run timer as negative in Wakesports activities.
- Fixed issue where Health Snapshot glance was unable to be added for Quatix watches.
- Fixed issue where several Tides menu options wouldn't appear.
- Fixed issue where the max speed of Wakesports activities would sometimes be incorrect.
- Fixed issue with custom power modes during activities.
- Fixed issue with flashlight cadence mode not showing red flashes.
- Fixed issue with Outdoor Maps + deactivation flow.
- Fixed issue with Outdoor Maps+ after having cleared settings on the device.
- Fixed map only touch setting prompt after a device reboot.
- Fixed potential issue where tones would alert when they shouldn't.
- Fixed potential issue with resuming Outdoor Maps+ downloads.
- Fixed potential issue with watch face accent color changing from white to something else.
- Fixed potential shutdown when clearing smart notifications.
- Fixed potential shutdown when viewing fitness age.
- Fixed potential shutdown with Drill Start in Pool Swim.
- Fixed Recovery Time discrepancy.
- Improved battery estimates when flashlight is used in activity.
- Improved compass smoothness on the compass page.
- Improved Ski activity to now distinguish when you are on lifts versus skiing downhill.
- Improvements to Altitude Acclimation.