Garmin Forerunner 955 receives new beta update with various bug fixes and new features
Garmin has issued Beta version 15.09 to the Forerunner 955, the same software revision that the company recently posted for the Forerunner 255. While the pair are running the same software version number, the Forerunner 955 has received a longer changelog than its Forerunner 255 counterpart. For reference, we have discussed the corresponding Forerunner 255 beta update in another article.
Currently, Garmin is distributing Beta version 15.09 in a 'pre-rollout release'. According to the company, pre-rollout releases are a new delivery method that allows the installation of alpha and beta builds via over-the-air (OTA) updates. Eventually, Garmin will return to releasing Beta Progam updates through Garmin Connect Mobile (GCM), which also applies for new Fenix 7, Enduro 2, Epix 2, Quatix 7 and Marq 2 series smartwatch builds.
As always, Garmin asks people to submit bug reports via a dedicated forum post, which will now be called the Public Beta Bug Reports section, regardless of whether it concerns an alpha or a beta build. The full changelog for Beta 15.09 can be found below. In short, the Forerunner 955's latest beta build mainly fixes outstanding bugs, such as one that caused touch controls on maps to not work correctly. However, Garmin has added a few new features, including support for wrist-based running dynamics and refined sleep mode features like sleep schedules.
- Tracks short-term and long-term load ratio.
- Shows altitude acclimation percentage.
- Adds support for wrist-based running dynamics.
- Provides workout suggestions for upcoming bike events.
- Calculates calories from wrist-based heart rate while swimming.
- Adds support for sleep mode features such as sleep schedules.
- Adds support for disabling the auto discover feature for sensors.
- Fixes an issue where workout steps could be skipped in track runs.
- Fixes an issue where workouts with time-based steps could have an incorrect total distance.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent lactate threshold heart rate auto-detection from working correctly.
- Fixes an issue where the device could fail to route to a saved location with an error about missing routable roads.
- Fixes an issue with touch controls on maps not working correctly.
- Fixes an issue where pace was not properly filtered during a navigate activity.
- Fixes an issue where stride length or vertical ratio data from a running dynamics pod could sometimes be missing or inaccurate.
- Fixes an issue with the layout of the training page shown during a custom HIIT or strength workout.
- Fixes an issue where AutoShot data could fail to be detected correctly when golfing.
- Fixes an issue with auto pause not working correctly on lifts for skiing and snowboarding.
- Fixes an issue where the device could show a phone connection error.
- Fixes various other minor issues.
- Updates translations.