CES 2023 | Asus ROG Strix G17 (2023) gaming laptop launches with AMD Ryzen 7000 mobile processors and up to an Nvidia RTX 4070 mobile dGPU
The 2023 ROG Strix G17 gaming laptops from Asus are launching with refreshed components such as the latest AMD Zen 4 mobile processors, Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 4000-series mobile GPUs and improved displays.
This year’s Strix G17 models can be equipped with up to a Ryzen 9 7945HX processor with 16 cores / 32 threads, a TDP of 55+ W and integrated RDNA 3 iGPUs. Maximum RAM capacity is set to 32 GB DDR5-4800 and the PCIe 4.0 NVMe storage can be expanded up to 2 TB. On the discrete graphics side, the latest Strix G17 can accommodate up to an Nvidia RTX 4070 laptop dGPU with 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM and a maximum of 140 W TGP (Dynamic Boost mode). The processor cooling system includes liquid metal and new Arc Flow Fans, while the dGPU comes with a MUX switch and support for Advanced Optimus.
For the more expensive versions, Asus offers a 17.3-inch 1440p IPS display with 240 Hz refresh rate, 3 ms response time, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, G-SYNC and Dolby Vision. There is also a 1080p IPS display option with 144 Hz refresh rate and G-SYNC.
Other features include:
- Smart Amp speakers with Dolby Atmos support and Hi-Res Audio, plus two-way AI noise cancelation
- Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity
- Port selection with 2x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1, 2x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 (one full feature, HDMI 2.1 video out, 1 GbE jack, audio combo jack
- 90 Wh battery
- 4-zone per key RGB chiclet keyboard
- 23.4 to 30.8 mm profile (depending on configuration), 2.8 kg weight
Asus has not yet provided availability and pricing information.