Xiaomi Mi 9T, Redmi K20, Redmi 5, and Redmi 7 join the long list of Xiaomi devices now supported by Android 10-based Paranoid Android Quartz 4
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
When a smartphone gets too old to receive official OS updates from the original vendor, it does not necessarily mean owners won’t get to play around with the latest versions of Google’s ubiquitous open-source software. Thanks to custom ROM creators like Paranoid Android, smartphone owners can get a good idea of what features Android 10 has to offer. Paranoid Android has just announced Quartz 10 Release 4 in stable form, with the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro, Mi 9T, Redmi K20, Mi A2, and Redmi Note 7 joining many other Xiaomi smartphones on the support list.
The Paranoid Android devs haven’t just stopped there though and have also just revealed that Quartz 10 Release 4 can now be used on the Xiaomi Redmi 5 and the Redmi 7/Y3 too. The Redmi 5 smartphone was introduced back in 2017, so current users will no doubt be delighted that their device of choice has been included. The full list of Xiaomi and Redmi smartphones that can take advantage of the Android 10-based Paranoid Android Quartz 10 Release 4 custom ROM are as follows:
- Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9T (Redmi K20), Mi 9T Pro (Redmi K20 Pro)
- Xiaomi Mi A2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S
- Redmi Note 5, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 8/8T
- Redmi 3S, Redmi 4A, Redmi 5, Redmi 6 Pro, Redmi 7/Y3
There are plans to bring support to even more devices from the popular Chinese OEM, with the Xiaomi Mi A3 and Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 being singled out for specific mention. New features provided by the Paranoid Android Quartz 4 custom ROM include an app lock, swipe for face unlock, and screen record system audio. The latest stable release also comes with a July security patch. Owners of the above listed smartphones can find the links to the necessary software via the Paranoid Android website, which is linked in the sources below. A full changelog of features brought with Quartz 4 can also be accessed below.
- July security patchset.
- App Locker(system wide).
- Swipe to Face Unlock on lockscreen.
- Internal audio screenrecord support.
- Full gestural navigation mode support.
- Unlink ringtone and notification volumes.
- Volume Panel version 1.1.
- Heads Up tile.
- USAP support.
- Support for FOD dim only icon(OnePlus).
- Longpress power button to enable torch.
- Statusbar icons manager.
- Fixed AAC codec support for all devices.