MIUI 12 China Beta ROM adds new features to Mi 10 Lite and Redmi K30 Pro; MIUI 12 rollout hangs in the balance for Redmi Note 8, Mi 8 Series, and others: here's a list of all suspended devices
MIUI 12 is being seeded to an increasing number of eligible Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco devices around the world as we speak. Xiaomi has also been adding several new features along the way including a Sound Assistant and possibly, even a Google Top Shot-like AI shutter feature. Today, we get to learn that Xiaomi will also be introducing a few additional niceties for select devices.
According to the changelog posted on the Mi Community, the MIUI 12 China Beta ROM v20.7.16 is introducing the following new features:
- Video call beauty function (Redmi K30 Pro)
- New settings for out-of-order and sequential numeric keyboards.
- Four new video filters (Mi 10 Lite, Redmi K30 Pro)
The update comes with a known issue wherein using a shortcut to enter split-screen mode may not work. A workaround is to enter split-screen via a long-press in the recent apps screen.
The new changelog should hopefully make its way to the global beta and eventually to global stable releases in the coming weeks.
The forum post also says that the MIUI 12 rollout is being temporarily suspended for several devices owing to certain critical issues. The affected devices include:
- Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro - Updates suspended as devices are being adapted to Android 11.
- Redmi Note 7 - Update suspended due to OTG connection issue.
- Mi Mix 3, Redmi Note 8, Mi CC9e - Updated delayed due to stability issue.
- Mi Mix 2S - Update temporarily unavailable due to package compilation issue.
Also, the development of MIUI 12 China Beta ROM for the Mi 8, Mi 8 Pro (UD), Mi 8 Transparent Edition, Mi 8 SE, Mi 8 Lite, Mi MIX 2S, Mi Max 3, and Mi Mix 3 will be stopped from September 5, 2020. The exact reason is not specified.
Enrolling your device in the Mi Pilot program is the best way to determine if the update would be suitable for your device or not. If you are using any of the above devices though, it probably is a good idea to not force the MIUI 12 update at the moment and wait some more time for the final stable bits to arrive via OTA.