Stable MIUI 12 update lands on the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro and Mi 9T Pro in Europe
MIUI 12 has begun hitting the European versions of the Redmi K20 Pro and Mi 9T Pro. It has been a few weeks since Xiaomi tweeted that the full release of MIUI 12 was "now starting to kick in", but the company apparently held the EU update back because of bugs. Announced via a post on Mi Community, the OS upgrade is being issued as an over-the-air (OTA) download. The new update follows similar ones for the Chinese and Indian versions of the devices. MIUI 12 has been released to multiple versions of the Mi 9, Mi 9T and Redmi K20 too.
The update is called V126.96.36.199.QFKEUXM and contains a lengthy changelog. We have included the changelog below should you wish to read it.
If your device has not yet received a notification to download V188.8.131.52.QFKEUXM, then Xiaomi has provided links to download it manually. If you decide to download the smaller of the two files linked below, then you must install this via System update. To do so, you must transfer the .zip file to the internal storage of your phone under a folder called "downloaded_rom". Once you have done that, you must select "Choose Update Package" from within the three-dot menu in System Update. You may need to tap the MIUI logo ten times to enable this option if it is hidden on your device.
Alternatively, you can install the larger of the two files with Mi Flash Tool. You can only use this method to install tgz files.
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device's look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- Fix: Status bar colors weren't displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn't be used when Control center was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn't correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren't available in the editing mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn't work on Always-on display in some cases
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We've added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: New full screen gestures for switching between apps are available.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.