Stable MIUI 12 for the Poco X2 stalls as Xiaomi extends MIUI 12 rollout for the Mi 9; full-screen gestures arriving for Redmi K20 Pro in a subsequent update
Xiaomi has been issuing plenty of MIUI 12 builds of late, including to the Redmi K30 4G. Xiaomi sells the device as the Poco X2 in India, but the company has not afforded it an OS upgrade in the latest round of updates. Instead, the latest update for the handset keeps it on MIUI 11. Called V18.104.22.168.QGHINXM, the update is rolling out to handsets as an over-the-air (OTA) download.
Alternatively, you can download the 2.3 GB build from Xiaomi server's and install it through recovery. Please note that it only upgrades the Poco X2 to the June set of Android security patches. Hence, the OTA download should be a much smaller file size.
Xiaomi has announced that it has extended the global rollout of MIUI 12 for the Mi 9, though. Pushed to select devices last week, the company has confirmed that V22.214.171.124.QFAMIXM should now be hitting all global versions of the Mi 9. If your device is still on MIUI 11, then you can grab either the update files from Mi Community.
The Redmi K20 Pro is one of the other devices that Xiaomi has already upgraded to MIUI 12. However, there been reports of full-screen gestures being missing from some handsets. The feature is supposed to be hidden under Additional Options in the main Settings menu, but that may not be the case on all devices. A Super moderator of Mi Community has implored people to wait for the next OTA update and opined that its absence may be because developers had yet to add it, rather than it being a bug affecting some devices.
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device's look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- Fix: Status bar colors weren't displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn't be used when Control center was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn't correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren't available in the editing mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn't work on Always-on display in some cases
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We've added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: New full screen gestures for switching between apps are available.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.