PUBG receives 2018's Game of the Year Award on Steam
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
Last year was an excellent one for gamers everywhere, although it came with a few major disappointments as well, Fallout 76 being the greatest blunder that comes to mind. Since Fortnite is not available on Steam and so it was not one of the candidates, becoming the Game of the Year was quite an easy task for PUBG, although it had to compete against a few strong titles, such as Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and Hitman 2.
Without further ado, here are the winners of the latest Steam Awards:
- Game of the Year: PUBG
- VR Game of the Year: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- Labor of Love: Grand Theft Auto V
- Best Developer: CD PROJEKT RED
- Best Environment: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Better With Friends: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
- Best Alternate History: Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- Most Fun With a Machine: Rocket League
The greatest — and sometimes, unexpected — losers were Fallout 4 VR in the second category, Dota 2 (Labor of Love), Ubisoft and Rockstar (Best Developer), Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Far Cry 5 (Best Environment), CS:GO (Best With Friends), Hears of Iron IV, Fallout 4, and Civilization VI (Best Alternate History).
What do you think about the choices of The Steam Community? Would you have chosen differently? Let us know about the best titles you enjoyed last year in the comments section.