Notebookcheck

Call of Duty Mobile hits 100 million downloads in its first week, shattering record

image via Activision
image via Activision
Call of Duty Mobile recently claimed the award for most downloads in the first week after launch for any mobile game in history, surpassing 100 million unique installs after its first week. Sensor Tower estimates peg total downloads at 102.2 million as of October 8th. Total revenue or the free to play title is estimated at just over US $17.7 million.

Mobile gaming: so hot right now.

Call of Duty Mobile passed 100 million unique downloads after only one week on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, according to estimates by Sensor Tower. That gives the mobile shooter from Activision the crown for the most successful launch of any mobile game in history.

Most of those 100 million downloads came from iOS users, who accounted for 55.7% of the 102.2 million total downloads. Android users made up the remaining 44.3%. By country, the United States accounted for 16.9% of total downloads with India following close behind at 13.4%. Brazil came in third with 7% of total downloads.

Mario Kart Tour, another popular title, hit 90 million downloads in its first week after its launch on September 26th. PUBG Mobile and the mobile port of Fortnite pale in comparison to Call of Duty Mobile; PUBG Mobile managed 28 million downloads in its first week, while Fornite hit only 22.5 million. (Keep in mind that Fortnite originally launched as an exclusive on the Apple App Store.)

Since Call of Duty Mobile is a free-to-play title, it’s revenue looks more modest compared to its install base. Current estimates peg total earning at US $17.7 million, or an average of $0.17 per download. Compared to other popular shooters PUBG Mobile and Fortnite (mobile version), though, Call of Duty Mobile has been wildly successful after one week. Fortnite made a mere $2.3 million in its first week on Apple’s App Store, and PUBG Mobile made a little under $600,000 in the first week after it started monetization options.

Working For Notebookcheck

Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!

Currently wanted: 
News and Editorial Editor - Details here

Source(s)

static version load dynamic
Loading Comments
Comment on this article
Please share our article, every link counts!
> Notebook / Laptop Reviews and News > News > News Archive > Newsarchive 2019 10 > Call of Duty Mobile hits 100 million downloads in its first week, shattering record
Sam Medley, 2019-10-10 (Update: 2019-10-12)
Sam Medley
Sam Medley - Review Editor - @samuel_medley
I've been a "tech-head" my entire life. After graduating college with a degree in Mathematics, I worked in finance and banking a few years before taking a job as a Systems Analyst for my local school district. I started working with Notebookcheck in October of 2016 and have enjoyed writing news articles and notebook reviews. My areas of interest include the business side of technology, retro gaming, Linux, and innovative gadgets. When I'm not hunched over an electronic device or writing code for a new database, I'm either outside with my family, playing a decade-old video game, or sitting behind a drum set.