Garmin Forerunner 965 receives nearly 30 bug fixes, improvements and new features in first beta update
Garmin has released the first beta update for the Forerunner 965, which the company debuted last month. Launched alongside the Forerunner 265, the Forerunner 965 has a 1.4-inch AMOLED display, with Garmin deciding to eschew the Memory in Pixel (MIP) panel it included in the Forerunner 955. Additionally, the Forerunner 965 has a titanium bezel, among other features.
Surprisingly, the Forerunner 965's inaugural beta update is a Release Candidate. In other words, the same build should soon reach all Forerunner 965 devices, not just those enrolled on Garmin's Beta Program, provided that critical issues are observed during public beta testing. For reference, Garmin is delivering Beta Version 4.12 via its Garmin Connect Mobile (GCM) service and not through the smartwatch itself, like recent Fenix 7 updates.
While the Beta version 4.12 changelog is extensive, it mostly contains bug fixes, the full list of which you can find below. However, Garmin has added support for Connect IQ System 6 watch faces and additional shortcuts to glances from particular watch face data fields. Moreover, Beta Version 4.12 provides workout suggestions for forthcoming bike events and includes support for providing a decimal weight value during a strength activity. The full changelog for Beta Version 4.12 is as follows:
- Adds additional shortcuts to glances from some watch face data fields.
- Adds support for Connect IQ System 6 watch faces.
- Adds support for entering a decimal weight value during a strength activity.
- Fixes a layout issue with the strength workout timer screen.
- Fixes an issue causing Connect IQ watch faces to wake up the screen even with gestures disabled.
- Fixes an issue causing the Performance Condition alert to play a tone with alert tones disabled.
- Fixes an issue that could cause the device to reset when changing the plot time on the barometer glance.
- Fixes an issue that could cause the device to reset while panning or zooming the map during an activity.
- Fixes an issue that could cause the seconds value on a watch face to be slightly cut off.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent activities synced from other devices from loading correctly when viewed in History.
- Fixes an issue where AutoShot data could fail to be detected correctly when golfing.
- Fixes an issue where cycling ability was unavailable without a course profile.
- Fixes an issue where exercise videos were not available to preview before starting a workout.
- Fixes an issue where incident detection could be turned off but not on again on the device.
- Fixes an issue where low battery alerts could fail to sound a tone or cause a vibration.
- Fixes an issue where pace was not properly filtered during a navigate activity.
- Fixes an issue where stride length or vertical ratio data from a running dynamics pod could sometimes be missing or inaccurate.
- Fixes an issue where sunrise/sunset times could be inaccurate.
- Fixes an issue where the device could fail to route to a saved location with an error about missing routable roads.
- Fixes an issue where the device could show a phone connection error.
- Fixes an issue where the privacy setting was incorrectly affecting tones and vibration for notifications.
- Fixes an issue where workouts with time-based steps could have an incorrect total distance.
- Fixes an issue with auto pause not working correctly on lifts for skiing and snowboarding.
- Fixes an issue with resuming golf activities at a later time.
- Fixes an issue with the data screen layout not refreshing when the layout is changed.
- Fixes an issue with the edit workout menu not refreshing following changes to intervals.
- Fixes an issue with the layout of the training page shown during a custom HIIT or strength workout.
- Fixes an issue with touch controls on maps not working correctly.
- Provides workout suggestions for upcoming bike events.
- Updates translations.