Garmin brings over two-dozen changes to Fenix 7, Enduro 2, Epix 2, Quatix 7 and Marq 2 smartwatches with new beta update
Garmin has started rolling out Beta Version 13.13 to Fenix 7, Enduro 2, Epix 2, Quatix 7 and Marq 2 series smartwatches, nearly two weeks after offering Beta Version 13.10. As with other beta builds, Beta Version 13.13 is only accessible from the main settings menu and not Garmin Connect Mobile (GCM). For reference, you can download the new beta update by heading to Menu, System, Software Update and then Check For Updates.
Currently, Garmin has not confirmed when it will return to using GCM as a distribution method. Instead, it has only confirmed that it will start offering beta updates automatically 'later in the Public Beta cycle'. Regardless, Beta Version 13.13 focuses on bug fixes, with one new feature and a handful of improvements. As the changelog below shows, the new beta build adds Connect IQ App Review flow, which we suspect relates to being able to review Connect IQ apps from the main settings menu.
Moreover, Garmin claims to have addressed numerous shutdown issues that existed in Beta Version 13.10. Purportedly, Beta Version 13.13 also improves the default maps app, which is spread across four changes. You can view the full changelog below or on Garmin's forum post.
- Added Connect IQ App Review flow.
- Fixed a few issues with the new activity Stage.
- Fixed Golf Map drawing issues.
- Fixed issue causing a flat line graph for heat acclimation.
- Fixed issue causing incorrect Off Course warnings.
- Fixed issue causing Power Mode to get stuck on "Extended" power mode.
- Fixed issue that could cause gaps in HRV overnight graph in Connect.
- Fixed issue with Connect IQ app rate flow.
- Fixed issue with double daily suggested workouts showing up in the calendar.
- Fixed issue with incorrect weight after editing the last set's weight in the Strength activity.
- Fixed issue with Max Speed for indoor activities.
- Fixed issue with PacePro page flashing and seeing blank entries.
- Fixed issue with Rally pedal calibration.
- Fixed issue with saved locations list.
- Fixed issue with the Training Status glance not handling the Paused state correctly.
- Fixed Outdoor Maps+ download estimates when selected area is zoomed out far.
- Fixed potential shutdown in Race Calendar.
- Fixed potential shutdown when downloading large contents in Outdoor Maps+.
- Fixed potential shutdown when launching a track run.
- Fixed potential shutdown with map data fields.
- Fixed potential time UI issue in Jet Lag feature.
- Fixed potential UI issue with animating time when switching watch faces.
- Fixed potential UI overlap in the heart rate glance.
- Fixed shutdown when reaching steps/stairs goal.
- Fixed UI issue with elevation graph in cycling primary race event.
- Fixed UI issues with the Activity Start Stage.
- Improved access to Pace Pro plan creation.
- Improved activity Stage sync spinner.
- Improved In Activity device Tips.
- Improved map first time tips.
- Improved map pan/zoom controls.
- Improved Outdoor Maps+ download flow.
- Improvements and fixes to Outdoor Maps+.