The OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T can finally be upgraded to Android 11
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
OnePlus launched the OnePlus 6 over three years ago, which it followed five months later with the OnePlus 6T. The OnePlus 6 arrived with Android 8.1 Oreo, whereas the OnePlus 6T debuted with Android 9.0 Pie. However, OnePlus runs the pair on the same development channel, so they will both end up on the same version of Android.
Earlier this year, OnePlus promised to begin issuing Android 11 beta updates to the 6 and 6T by the end of August. However, the company has delivered the inaugural OxygenOS 11 Open Beta ahead of schedule. The update is now live for both the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, although past experience suggests holding off for now.
Nonetheless, it has still taken OnePlus ten months to deliver Android 11 to the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. Typically, OnePlus takes at least a month to transition from Open Beta builds to stable ones, for reference.
You can roll back from Android 11 to Android 10, should you wish to do so. The changelog for Android 11 Open Beta 1 is as follows:
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp, and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode).
- Newly added mistouch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation.
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display).
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings - Customization - Wallpaper - Canvas - Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically.
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it.
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings - Display - Dark Mode - Turn on automatically - Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range).
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer.
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter.