MIUI 12 update arrives for the Pocophone F1
Xiaomi has finally started upgrading the Pocophone F1 to MIUI 12, its latest OS. The Pocophone F1 is one of the final devices to receive MIUI 12, following several issues discovered by beta testers. These included complaints of overheating during light tasks like recording videos, but one would hope that Xiaomi has addressed these problems before rolling out MIUI 12 to handsets.
Recent botched upgrades with Xiaomi's Android One handsets mean that we would recommend proceeding with caution when upgrading your Pocophone F1 to MIUI 12. The inaugural MIUI 12 update is only available for devices enrolled on the Russian branch of MIUI. However, it should not be too long before Xiaomi issues the upgrade to other branches of MIUI.
Until then, you could try installing V22.214.171.124.QEJRUXM manually by downloading the recovery ROM via the link below. If your handset is not on the Russian branch of MIUI, then you would first need to unlock it, which can be done through the Mi Unlock app. Xiaomi provides instruction for doing this, which you can read here.
- Pocophone F1 - V126.96.36.199.QEJRUXM (1.9 GB)
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Control center wasn't always displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
- Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2020. Increased system security.
[Status bar, Notification shade]
- New: Screen lights up with an animation now
- New: Status bar color gradient animation
- Fix: Status bar wasn't displayed correctly with color inversion