Lenovo reveals pricing and discounts for its first Windows 11 laptops selling in China
Windows 11 is almost here and many laptop OEMs are rushing to announce models that come preinstalled with the latest OS from Microsoft. Lenovo, for instance, revealed a few days ago no less than seven SKUs, including Xiaoxin and Yoga models that will start shipping with Windows 11 and the latest MS Office suite on October 5. However, these are only available in China for the time being. Most of the Xiaoxin models usually launch globally with different names, so Lenovo will eventually bring these new Windows 11 models to other markets with minor modifications. In the meantime, Lenovo added separate product pages for all the Windows 11 models and we can also see the prices plus the pre-sale discounts ($60 off until October 5) that may provide clues regarding the Western price points.
First up is the Yoga 13s model, since this one only features a single AMD processor option. Lenovo is pre-selling this device for ~$740, as the listed price will jump to $800 after October 5. Here is a quick list with the highlights:
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600U 6-core / 12-thread Zen 3 processor and Vega 7 iGPU coupled with 16 GB of LPDDR4X-4266 RAM plus a 512 GB NVMe SSD
- 16:10 IPS screen with 2560 x 1600 resolution, 100% sRGB color gamut, Dolby Vision support, plus TÜV Rheinland blue light filter, 60 Hz refresh rate
- stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support, white backlit keyboard, webcam with IR and TOF sensors compatible with Windows Hello face recognition, Fn+Q system with three power profiles, Wi-Fi 6, 50 Wh battery
- port selection offers 2x USB-C and a USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 with 65 W power delivery that also acts as a DP video out, plus an audio out jack.
- slim chassis with 13.8 mm (0.54 inches) profile and 1.22 kg (2.69 lbs) weight
Next is the Xiaoxin Air 14 Plus 2021 that comes with an Intel SKU and two AMD SKUs:
- The Intel variant is pre-selling for $850 and includes a Core i5-1155G7 processor + Nvidia MX450 dGPU, 16 GB DDR4-3200, 512 GB NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD, 14.1-inch 2.2K 16:10 IPS display with 60 Hz refresh rate, 2x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 + 2x USB-C PD 100 W (one with DP functionality), HDMI output, SD card reader, 56.5Wh battery, 1.41 kg, 15.9 mm profile.
- The AMD Ryzen 5 5600U variant is pre-selling for $680, while the AMD Ryzen 7 5800U variant costs $740. Both feature the same specs as the Intel variants except they do not integrate the Nvidia dGPU.
Similarly, the Xiaoxin Pro 14 2021 models include one Intel SKU and two AMD SKUs:
- The Intel variant is pre-selling for $820 and features an i5-11320H processor, 16 GB LPDDR4X-4266, 512 GB NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD, 14.1-inch 2880 x 1800 16:10 display with 90 Hz refresh rate and 400 nit max luminance, 1x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 + 2x USB-C (PD 65W + DP output), 61 Wh battery, 1.4 Kg, 14.6 mm profile
- The AMD Ryzen 5 5600H variant is pre-selling for $770, while the Ryzen 7 5800H one costs $830. Specs are the same from the Intel SKU except for the RAM that is DDR4-3200 and the PD power is upped to 95 W.
Buy the Lenovo Yoga 6 13.3-inch convertible with AMD Ryzen 5 APU on Amazon