Garmin brings plenty of bug fixes to Fenix 7, Enduro 2, Epix 2, Quatix 7 and Marq 2 series smartwatches with new Alpha updates
Garmin has resorted to releasing new Alpha updates for Fenix 7, Enduro 2, Epix 2, Quatix 7 and Marq 2 series smartwatches, the first since last month's Alpha version 11.20. In the meantime, the company issued Beta versions 11.21 through 11.25, with the latter only making minor changes from its predecessor. As such, it seemed likely that Garmin would move to a new Release Candidate, as it has with the most recent beta update for the Instinct 2 and Instinct 2S.
In fact, Garmin skipped a Release Candidate altogether and rolled out v11.25 as is. Now, the company has moved on to addressing more bugs with Alpha versions 11.26 and 11.28 for the Fenix 7, Enduro 2, Epix 2, Quatix 7 and Marq 2. As always, Garmin will not distribute either update via its GCM channel. Instead, each update must be downloaded manually via the links below. Seemingly, you could jump from Beta version 11.25 to Alpha version 11.28, missing out Alpha version 11.26 in the process. For reference, the latter contains the following changes from Beta version 11.25:
- Fixed possible issue with sensor hub reporting v0.00 after update.
- Fixed possible issue with the PulseOx page not updating when taking a measurement.
- Fixed possible issue where wrong Daily Suggested Workout would appear in Morning Report.
- Fixed issue with PulseOx text being cut off when placed inside a widget glance folder.
- Fixed potential shutdown when accessing wallet.
- Fixed potential shutdown when receiving a smart notification.
- Fixed possible issue with where the power guide page might be missing from the timer loop.
- Fixed possible warning about maximum number of sport profiles being reached.
In comparison, Alpha version 11.28 addresses two bugs that existed in its predecessor. According to Garmin's forum post, the former fixes a bug that prevented an activity from being started or stopped from within the power guide page. Additionally, Alpha version 11.28 has resolved a problem that caused issues with adding a new custom sport profile. Please see Garmin's support pages for more details on how to update and download files for Fenix 7, Enduro 2, Epix 2, Quatix 7 and Marq 2 series smartwatches.