Garmin resolves bugs for Fenix 6 and other smartwatches with Release Candidate build
Garmin appears to have finalised changes of the next stable software update for the Fenix 6 series, as well as the Enduro, Marq, Quatix 6 and Tactix Delta. To recap, the company released Beta version 24.86 earlier this month with a few changes and improvements from Beta version 24.85. While Beta version 24.86 was just another beta build for Fenix 6, Enduro, Marq, Quatix 6 and Tactix Delta series smartwatches, Beta version 25.00 is the first Release Candidate since Beta version 24.00.
According to Garmin's changelog, Beta version fixes a potential issue that prevents CIQ apps from working correctly. In other words, Beta version 24.86 contained the same issue that Garmin discovered in Beta version 11.16 for the Instinct 2 and Instinct 2S. The full changes from v24.10 to v25.00 are as follows:
- Added support for Connect IQ System 6.
- Added a new tip to inform the user that the device battery life can be extended by switching the PulseOx setting to manual.
- Improved the treadmill pace algorithm.
- Fixed an issue where the device was exiting battery saver when accessing the activity list multiple times in a row.
- Fixed an issue where the device would incorrectly display a message indicating a connection to Rally XC200 Pedals when on activities that don't support pedals.
- Fixed a potential issue where the device would shut down on long navigation activities.
- Fixed a potential issue where the reported recovery time would not match across multiple widgets.
- Fixed the auto-save activity UI flow to no longer show PR alerts.
- Improves the backcountry ski and snowboard activities to automatically detect climbs, descents, and transition time.
- Fixed issue causing a blank item in the training status list.
- Fixed an issue where the device would not prompt for a manual altimeter sync when the altimeter's Auto Cal. setting is set to "Nightly".
- Fixed potential shutdown issue on CIQ applications.
- Improvements and fixes to Backcountry Ski/Snowboard split detection.
- Fixed an issue where accessing the map on an Expedition activity causes an unexpected shutdown.
- Fixed a possible issue causing a device shutdown on CIQ apps.
- Fixed a possible issue where the device would display the incorrect highlighted icon on MARQ power controls.
- Fixed a potential issue preventing CIQ apps from working properly.
Beta version 25.00 should be available to download now on any Fenix 6, Enduro, Marq, Quatix 6 and Tactix Delta series smartwatch that has been enrolled on the Beta Program. Garmin has not outlined when v25.00 will be available through its Live public software channel, although there is every chance that Garmin will issue another Release Candidate build if it finds any bugs during public beta testing. Please see the company's forum post for more details.