Garmin brings CIQ watch face fixes to Instinct 2 and Instinct 2S smartwatches in new Release Candidate build
Garmin has released Beta version 11.16 for the Instinct 2 and Instinct 2S, the fifth beta build for the pair in the last three weeks. To recap, Beta version 11.15 arrived less than a week ago with fixes for Garmin Pay and other areas of Garmin's software suite. Surprisingly, the beta build removed Morning Report and Race Day glance without explanation.
Beta version 11.15 was also a Release Candidate build, the first since Beta version 10.10 in November. Garmin tends to release Release Candidate builds on its stable software distribution channel a few days after starting public beta testing. However, the company occasionally runs into issues, with Beta versions 10.07 through 10.10 all Release Candidates.
The same is true this time around, with Beta version 11.16 serving as another Release Candidate. Seemingly, Garmin only found one bug between v11.15 and v11.16 though, with the latter fixing a potential issue with CIQ watch faces would fail to start. If all goes well, v11.16 should reach all Instinct 2 and Instinct 2S smartwatches in the next few days. Devices enrolled on the Beta Program should pick up Beta version 11.16 within 24 hours of the update going live. The full changelog from v10.10 to v11.16 is as follows:
- Added the Grade Adjusted Pace data field that displays your average pace adjusted by the steepness of the terrain.
- Added running power data to activities without the need for a running dynamics accessory.
- Added the backcountry snowboard activity to the list of available activities.
- Improved the backcountry ski and snowboard activities to automatically detect climbs, descents, and transition time.
- Improved daily workout suggestions to help you train for events on your Garmin Connect calendar.
- Added support for Sleep Mode.
- Added support for Unified Training Status. When you specify your primary training device, your training status and training load sync across multiple devices and default to showing data from the primary training device.
- Added Simplified Device Pairing Experience.
- Added support for configuring activity alerts in GCM.
- Added option to delete Strength workouts.
- Added temperature recording activity setting.
- Fixed issue where daily active calories total could be incorrect.
- Fixed issue where Indoor Bike activity could start on wrong data screen.
- Fixed distance discrepancies in Reference Point app.
- Added ability to customize Do Not Disturb mode settings.
- Added prompt to select activity profile when launching a workout from the Calendar glance.
- Fixed GCT Balance data field font size.
- Fixed issue where a random value could be displayed on the Edit Reps page.
- Fixed sleep data uploads through Garmin Express.
- Fixed possible crash on Edit Set page.
- Fixed issues with compass calibration.
- Fixed Surf waves activity summary page.