Austrian Audio launches the PG16, its first gaming headset
Founded by former AKG employees, Austrian Audio has been around since 2017. The brand is already active in 60 countries, but it only released professional audio headsets and microphones until now. Today, the PG16 enters Austrian Audio's portfolio as the first product designed specifically for gamers.
Without further ado, these are the highlights of the Austrian Audio PG16 gaming headset:
- Foldable design for maximum portability and easy storage.
- Metal hinges, replaceable earcups made of special memory foam, detachable cables.
- High-excursion 44 mm drivers with 113 dBspl/V sensitivity, 25 Ω impedance, 150 mW input power, and a frequency range of 12 Hz to 24 kHz.
- Omnidirectional lift-to-mute microphone.
- Software solution for 7.1 spatial sound from New Audio Technology included (available for Windows and macOS).
This headset is a TeamSpeak-certified piece of hardware that works with PCs, Macs, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, smartphones/tablets, and Xbox consoles with TRRS socket. It can also be used with older media players (portable or not), turntables, external sound cards that feature a 3.5 mm audio jack.
The price tag reads 139 Euros, which currently translates to roughly US$157. The Austrian Audio PG16 gaming headset can be acquired from the manufacturer's website, as well as from various offline and online retailers, including Amazon. In addition to the headset and the detachable cables, the retail package also includes a voucher for the aforementioned surround sound software, as well as a storage/carry bag.
Austrian Audio (via email, official product page)