AYA to offer free AYA NEO upgrade kits for early adopters
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
Last month, AYA outlined it plans for altering the AYA NEO, its first handheld console. Now, AYA has offered an upgrade service to the 500 people who have already received their AYA NEO. In a post to backers on Indiegogo, AYA has explained that it will offer the following parts to those who received their AYA NEO in the first batch of shipments:
- Shell with a brand new screen (divided into upper and lower parts)
- Brand new aluminium middle frame
- Analogue shoulder buttons module
- Use two-colour mould cross buttons, ABXY and other Xbox buttons, Windows function buttons
- Conductive rubber for buttons
- Increase the height of the volume buttons
- Handle PCBA with brand new joystick (divided into left and right parts)
- Linear resonant actuator
- Brand new Speakers with sound chamber
- The cooling module with a new mould and the redesigned third edition fan
- Other accessories
- A full set of screws
AYA states that people can upgrade their devices themselves or return them for AYA to upgrade. In both cases, people must pay for shipping and customs duties. However, AYA will publish a video tutorial and step-by-step instructions for upgrading the AYA NEO at home.
AYA expects to have upgrade kits ready in early September, after it ships the second batch of consoles. The revised AYA NEO should start shipping from the middle of next month.