XMG starts pre-orders for NEO 15 E22 gaming laptop + OASIS external AIO and provides product roadmap for 2022
XMG announced the 2022 NEO 15 gaming laptop with Intel Core i7-12700H and 175 W Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti dGPU a few weeks ago at CES and the company is now offering this model along with a revised OASIS external AIO cooling unit for pre-orders. Additionally, XMG is presenting a roadmap for the scheduled releases throughout the first half of 2022.
Regarding the improvements brought to the early OASIS prototypes, XMG states that the revised reservoir, for example, now prevents air bubbles from entering the pump for quieter operation, the quick-release connection is tighter and fits more precisely, and the entire area around the water connectors on the laptop features greater stability and is better sealed. The PCB inside the liquid cooler has been optimized to avoid electromagnetic noise and the functionality of the OASIS has been enhanced with convenient OTA firmware updates. XMG has summarized further improvements in a detailed post on the official site. The accessories supplied include cleaning utensils, a refill funnel and drainage adapter, silicone dust protection caps for the USB-C and HDMI ports on the XMG NEO 15 and one liter of EK CryoFuel Clear cooling liquid.
Going forward, the XMG roadmap for the upcoming months reveals several new refreshed models including:
- NEO 17 model with the same specs as the 15-inch one, plus AMD-based 15-inch and 17-inch models with Ryzen 6000H processors by the end of Q2 ‘22.
- PRO models with redesigned chassis and 155 W RTX 3080 Ti dGPU, plus DDR4 memory instead of DDR5 expected by the end of Q1.
- FUSION 16-inch slim and light models with 16:10 display expected by the end of Q1.
- CORE models with mid-range specs could get a new magnesium case and will feature both Intel and AMD processor options (early Q2 release)
- APEX high-end models with AMD Ryzen 6000H processors and OASIS support (end of Q2 - early Q3)
Pre-orders for the NEO 15 E22 model with the Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti dGPU start at €3,277. Besides the i7-12700K processor, specs include 16 GB DDR5-4800 (upgradeable to 32 GB), 500 GB Samsung 980 NVMe SSD storage (upgradable to 16 TB), Wi-Fi 6 + BT 5.2 + 2.5 GbE connectivity, card reader and Thunderbolt 4 connector. The OASIS external AIO is offered as an option for €199.