Notebookcheck
, , , , , ,
search relation.
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
 

The Apple Card gets new Family services for credit- and payments-sharing

Apple launches a new Card service. (Source: Apple)
Apple launches a new Card service. (Source: Apple)
Apple Card Family is the latest form of financial service created by the Cupertino-based OEM. It allows 2 users to share the same credit-card as issued by the company, or for parents to share such a card with children above a certain age. Therefore, they can build credit or Daily Cash rewards up together on the same account over time.

Working For Notebookcheck

Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!

English-Chinese-Translator - Details here

00Apple launched its inaugural, Goldman Sachs-backed credit card in 2019. Now, it has announced a new, shared variant of this service in order to extend the "healthier financial life" it promises to families. Therefore, 2 people can now co-own one of these payment tools, number-free titanium physical form and all.

Such a shared Apple Card has a single APR, equal to that associated with the co-owner with the lowest rate. Accordingly, the Cupertino giant now touts its new service as an effective way to merge credit and help build it (or not, as the case may be).

Apple Card Family also allows a parent or guardian to share a payments account with a child, so long as they are aged 13 years or more and are part of a Family Sharing Group on their app. This is intended to help the minor in question learn financial responsibility, or so the OEM imagines.

As with all Apple Cards, the new Family accounts can also earn Daily Cash on their purchases. This scheme offers 1% back on all purchases made using the physical card, or 2% when the card is used with Apple Pay. However, buying first-party products or services through either gets the user unlimited 3% Daily Cash.

Cash back at that rate (which appears in a user or family wallet) may also be available through certain partner merchants. Several new additions, including Walgreens, T-Mobile, Panera, Nike and Uber, were also announced today (April 20, 2021).

Apple Card Family will start to become available in the US during May 2021. Applications can be submitted through the OEM's Wallet, which will require the latest iOS update in order to support the new service.

, , , , , ,
search relation.
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
 

Source(s)

static version load dynamic
Loading Comments
Comment on this article
Deirdre O'Donnell
Deirdre O'Donnell - Senior Tech Writer - 3875 articles published on Notebookcheck since 2018
I became a professional writer and editor shortly after graduation. My degrees are in biomedical sciences; however, they led to some experience in the biotech area, which convinced me of its potential to revolutionize our health, environment and lives in general. This developed into an all-consuming interest in more aspects of tech over time: I can never write enough on the latest electronics, gadgets and innovations. My other interests include imaging, astronomy, and streaming all the things. Oh, and coffee.
contact me via: LinkedIn
Please share our article, every link counts!
> Notebook / Laptop Reviews and News > News > News Archive > Newsarchive 2021 04 > The Apple Card gets new Family services for credit- and payments-sharing
Deirdre O'Donnell, 2021-04-20 (Update: 2021-04-20)