iOS 11.2 comes with faster wireless charging and Apple Pay Cash
Although iOS 11.1.1 solved the latest autocorrect bug that was discovered in Apple's mobile operating system, another one surfaced in the meantime. Fortunately, Apple took care of it in a timely manner and included the patch in iOS 11.2, next to a few more improvements and new features.
According to the official changelog, these are the highlights of iOS 11.2:
- video camera stabilization
- three new Live wallpapers for the iPhone X
- faster wireless charging for the iPhone 8/8 Plus and the iPhone X with third-party accessories (previously limited to 5 W charging even when capable to provide 7.5 W)
- Apple Pay Cash for sending/requesting/receiving money with Apple Pay in Messages or by asking Siri (feature available in the US only)
- fix for the latest autocorrect bug ("it" changing into "I.T." for no reason when using the default iOS keyboard)
- better WiFi and Bluetooth indications
- updated emojis
Obviously, all the above come in addition to the usual bunch of minor tweaks and fixes included by such updates. For now, Apple has not refreshed macOS, tvOS, and watchOS yet, but they will probably get updated this week as well.
Comment on this article
In my early school days, I hated writing and having to make up stories. A decade later, I started to enjoy it. Since then, I published a few offline articles and then I moved to the online space, where I contributed to major websites that are still present online as of 2021 such as Softpedia, Brothersoft, Download3000, but I also wrote for multiple blogs that have disappeared over the years. I've been riding with the Notebookcheck crew since 2013 and I am not planning to leave it anytime soon. In love with good mechanical keyboards, vinyl and tape sound, but also smartphones, streaming services, and digital art.