Redmi Note 4 explodes, owner injured
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
A Redmi Note 4 has blown up, leaving its user with rather significant injuries, according to Indian publication Sakshi. The event, more aptly described as a combustion, left the user with a bad burn on his thigh, as the phone was in his pocket.
The past year has introduced us to the wonderful world of spontaneously combusting smartphones, with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 setting a global precedent. The Note 7 within a few weeks of launch developed a pesky habit of lighting itself up, a fault that has been attributed to the Lithium-Ion batteries that powered it—and most smartphones too.
This case looks to be a similar occurrence, as the owner of the device, Bhavana Suryakiran, was said to have had his phone combust in his pocket while riding his bike home. This will not be the first time a Redmi Note 4 is combusting, as there were reports of one doing the same a few weeks ago, an event that culminated with an official statement by Xiaomi regarding the matter, The company, in the statement, attributed the event to the owners careless usage of a third-party charger on the phone, which, honestly, just raises more questions than it answers. Considering users usually have multiple chargers at various places of convenience, will all users of a Note 4 be prone to having a flaming chunk of metal on their hands?
This new case had no chargers involved, as is more likely an issue caused by excessive heat or pressure on the area surrounding the battery. Here's an interesting video on the subject.