Man claims iPhone XS Max exploded in his pants pocket
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
A report from iDrop News has stated that a man from Columbus, Ohio has experienced an iPhone XS Max meltdown. The device, which was in a case at the time, was in his pocket when it spontaneously combusted. According to the report, the man was having his lunch break when he noticed a burning sensation and a strange smell. After running to an empty boardroom to remove his pants, the individual discovered that his Apple smartphone was on fire and was causing damage to his clothes and his skin.
Unsurprisingly, the damaged phone was taken to an Apple store where the disgruntled owner was apparently taken aback by the treatment he received there. He claims staff offered a replacement iPhone XS Max but only if they could take possession of the badly burned smartphone. A later phone-call to the Apple Care line seems to have been similarly unsatisfactory for the victim, who feels a replacement device is not sufficient restitution considering the gravity of the alleged incident.
There has been no official word from Apple yet about the exploding iPhone XS Max. However, it is not an entirely unlikely occurrence, as the notorious Galaxy Note 7 and its overheating battery defect proved. There have even been reported incidents of a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge and a Xiaomi Mi A1 catching on fire and exploding. The victim of the iPhone XS Max explosion is supposedly now mulling over what his legal options are against the iPhone-maker.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros