Samsung Galaxy S7 explodes during charge
A 20-year-old user claimed that she left her S7 charging—with the stock Samsung charger—only for the phone to combust in the early hours of the morning, burning her floor and furniture, and leaving her hands with severe burns. The user, yet unnamed, claimed the accident happened after she'd been using the device without hitches for over a year.
The phone was sent to Samsung's local service center after the incident and was returned two days later to the user, at which point she sent it onwards to the Korean Agency for Technology and Standards for further inspection.
This will not be the first time a Samsung device decides to cook itself, with the events of the Note 7 fiasco coming to mind. Photos of the phone after the affair point towards a battery combustion, the same thing that happened in the Note 7 and Redmi Note 4 incidents.
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros