Notebookcheck Logo

Samsung Galaxy S7 explodes during charge

The S7 was released in 2016.
The S7 was released in 2016.
A Korean user has reported the explosion of her one-year-old Galaxy S7, an event that left her with burnt hands and furniture.

This is looking like prime season for explosions, with a Redmi Note 4 blowing up weeks ago. This time out, though, it's a Galaxy S7 that's gone ballistic, according to a report by The Korea Herald.

A 20-year-old user claimed that she left her S7 charging—with the stock Samsung charger—only for the phone to combust in the early hours of the morning, burning her floor and furniture, and leaving her hands with severe burns. The user, yet unnamed, claimed the accident happened after she'd been using the device without hitches for over a year.

The phone was sent to Samsung's local service center after the incident and was returned two days later to the user, at which point she sent it onwards to the Korean Agency for Technology and Standards for further inspection.

This will not be the first time a Samsung device decides to cook itself, with the events of the Note 7 fiasco coming to mind. Photos of the phone after the affair point towards a battery combustion, the same thing that happened in the Note 7 and Redmi Note 4 incidents.


Read all 7 comments / answer
static version load dynamic
Loading Comments
Comment on this article
Please share our article, every link counts!
Ricci Rox, 2017-09- 3 (Update: 2017-09- 4)