Google announces plan to bring 100 or more new games to Stadia in 2021, Far Cry 6 included
Google Stadia has seen a huge proportion of adversity since its launch, not the least of which is the recent loss of its own Games & Entertainment Studio. However, its maker intends to forge ahead by growing its library of titles from other publishers. According to its latest blog post, FIFA 21 is to be one of them.
This international soccer game (EA Vancouver/EA Sports) is coming to the platform on March 17, 2021. It will be joined by a number of new games as specified by Google, most of which also have release dates for Stadia. They include:
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition (WayForward): February 23, 2021
- Shantae: Risky's Revenge (WayForward): February 23, 2021
- It came from space and ate our brains (Triangle Studios): March 2, 2021
- Kaze and the Wild Masks (PixelHive/SOEDESCO): March 26, 2021
- Judgment (Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio/SEGA of America): April 23, 2021
- Killer Queen Black (Liquid Bit/Bumble Bear): TBA
- Street Power Football (SFL Interactive/Gamajun/Maximum Games): TBA
- Hellpoint Developer (Cradle Games/tinyBuild): TBA
They comprise the first of "more than 100" games to be made available on Stadia for the first time during 2021. Google claims that they are to include titles such as Far Cry 6 and Riders Republic.
Comment on this article
I became a professional writer and editor shortly after graduation. My degrees are in biomedical sciences; however, they led to some experience in the biotech area, which convinced me of its potential to revolutionize our health, environment and lives in general. This developed into an all-consuming interest in more aspects of tech over time: I can never write enough on the latest electronics, gadgets and innovations. My other interests include imaging, astronomy, and streaming all the things. Oh, and coffee.