These are some of the Ice Lake and Project Athena laptops that can be expected this year apart from the Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
Intel's new 10th gen Ice Lake processors promise good IPC gains and a much improved integrated GPU thanks to a new 10nm process, but there aren't too many Ice Lake laptops that you can actually lay your hands on right now. The Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 is the only Ice Lake laptop for which pricing and availability is known as of date. However, there are several other Ice Lake-powered laptops that could see the light of the day at IFA 2019 and beyond.
Some of the upcoming Ice Lake-powered laptops apart from the Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 include:
1. Acer Swift 5 14-inch: Announced at Computex 2019, the Acer Swift 5 14-inch is one of the first ultrabooks from Acer to get Project Athena certification. We are not sure what are the exact Ice Lake SKUs that this laptop would offer, but a recent Energy Star listing indicates up to a Core i7-1065G7 CPU with integrated Iris Plus Graphics and up to 16 GB of RAM.
2. Acer Swift 3 14-inch: The Acer Swift 3 14-inch hasn't got a formal announcement yet (hopefully we'll get to see it at IFA 2019), but the notebook did show up on the Energy Star website as being powered by a Core i7-1065G7 CPU and 16 GB RAM. Geekbench listings have also indicated that we could be seeing low-end SKUs powered by the Core i5-1035G1 and Core i3-1005G1.
3. HP Envy 13 Wood Series: HP has been talking about launching laptops with palm rests and touchpads made of real walnut birch wood for a while now. Although HP hasn't detailed much about the specifications of the 'wooden' Envy laptops, we do know that they will be Project Athena-certified and will be offered in several Ice Lake configurations apart from possibly Comet Lake and AMD Ryzen options as well.
4. HP Spectre x360 13-inch: A Geekbench listing indicates that we might see a refreshed HP Spectre x360 convertible with an Ice Lake Core i7-1065G7 processor soon.
5. Lenovo Yoga S940 13.9-inch: An Athena upgrade for the Lenovo Yoga S940 that was launched at CES 2019 is on the anvil. This is expected to offer Intel Ice Lake options along with support for Wi-Fi 6.
Of course, this is just a handful of laptops that we expect to make their debut this year. We did see good results in our preliminary Core i7-1065G7 benchmarks (especially the 25W TDP version) so the new architecture definitely has potential. Intel promised during the Ice Lake launch that a bevy of Ice Lake and Project Athena-certified laptops would grace store shelves and retailers so we expect more models in the offing from various OEMs.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros