The Samsung Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active receive new features with their latest updates
The Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch Active have received some new features, which Samsung previously reserved for the Galaxy Watch 3. According to one screenshot published by Tizen Help, the new build for the Galaxy Watch is a 291.99 MB download, which is rather large for a smartwatch update. Typically, companies keep smartwatch updates to less than 100 MB.
The changelog for R810XXU1FUB6 outlines the changes that Samsung has made with Tizen 220.127.116.11 as follows:
- Improved notifications: When you receive a notification, you can immediately open the dialog and check the image.
- AR Emoji/Bitmoji: You can also use AR emoji and Bitmoji generated by your phone on your watch.
- Capture: Supports scrolling capture and is automatically sent to your phone after capture.
- You can listen to the voice information with a connected headset while exercising.
- Accumulated distance and heart rate voice information have been added to record automatic sections of running/biking exercises.
- Apply stabilization code related to terminal operation
Tizen Help adds that Samsung is currently distributing R810XXU1FUB6 to Galaxy Watch devices in South Korea and the US. Similarly, R500XXUF1UB5 is available for the Galaxy Watch Active in the same countries. It is unknown when Samsung will begin issuing these updates to the devices in other regions, though.
Similarly, the company has not announced when it will cease updating the Galaxy Watch or the Galaxy Watch Active. However, the Galaxy Watch has already received better software support than some of its smartphones, while the Galaxy Watch Active should see at least another six months of updates considering that Samsung released it in early 2019.