Origin PC adds Intel i9-10900K desktop-grade CPU options to its New EON17-X and NS-17 laptops
Intel’s 10th gen desktop CPUs are starting to hit retail outlets and OEMs can finally ship prebuilt systems, but some custom builders like Origin PC are bold enough to integrate the desktop-grade CPUs into laptop models. Using the Clevo chassis, Origin PC’s New EON17-X gaming laptop and NS-17 mobile workstation models can accommodate up to an i9-10900K CPU plus a powerful desktop-grade GPU from Nvidia.
Besides the top-of-the-line i9-10900K, users can opt for three more affordable but still powerful chips including the i5-10400, i5-10600K and i7-10700K. The GPU options are all Max-P variants, so they essentially match the desktop-grade counterparts. There is a choice between the RTX 2080 Super, RTX 2070 Super, RTX 2070 and RTX 2060, with the last two options being the slightly faster models introduced with the Super variants last month. Users may also opt for CPU and GPU overclocking straight from Origin PC.
For RAM options, Origin PC is finally introducing 3200 MHz DIMMs, but there also are 2400, 2666, 2800 and 2933 MHz variants with capacities ranging between 8 and 64 GB. Other standard features coming with the New EON17-X and NS-17 include:
- 144 Hz / 240 Hz FHD IPS displays or 4K WVA 60 Hz display with 100% Adobe color gamut
- Up to 8 TB NVMe SSD storage
- 1 MP webcam with array mic
- Sound Blaster Atlas DAC + Super X-Fi Headphone Holography
- RGB keyboard + fingerprint reader
- Port selection: 1x USB-C 3.2 Gen2x2, 3x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2, 1x Thunderbolt 3, 1x DisplayPort 1.4 over USB-C 3.2 Gen2, 2x mini DisplayPort 1.4, 1x HDMI, double audio jack combos, GbE jack
- size : 15.7(W) x 12.5(D) x 1.7(H) inches / weight: 8.3 lbs
- Dual 280 W AC adapters / Estimated Battery Life: up to 180 Minutes with RTX 2060
Prices start at US$2,599 and a high-end system can set you back US$6,469.