NVIDIA's GeForce Game Ready Driver 456.38 comes with support for the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090, DLSS and ray tracing in Fortnite, and more
Yesterday, NVIDIA released a new driver package with support for the GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 video cards, as well as various optimizations and fixes. Unfortunately, the new cards are sold out virtually everywhere right now and someone was so eager to grab the RTX 3080 as soon as possible and decided to shell out an insane US$70,000 for it.
According to NVIDIA's GeForce Game Ready Driver 456.38 release notes, the software package — in addition to the basic support for the two new video cards mentioned above — also comes with the following:
- Support for the new performance monitoring and tuning features now present in GeForce Experience.
- Ray tracing and DLSS support in Fortnite.
- NVIDIA Reflex latency optimization tech support in Valorant and Fortnite.
- Day-one optimizations for Halo 3: ODST and Mafia: Definitive Edition.
- Support for the new NVIDIA Broadcast app and 5 new G-Sync compatible gaming monitors.
- AV1 hardware-based decoding on GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs.
The new driver package comes with support for a wide range of desktop GPUs, starting with the Kepler-based GeForce GT 630. However, the list of supported mobile GPUs starts with the Maxwell-based GeForce 830M. If you want to go through all the details, feel free to check the 42-page PDF document from NVIDIA (see the link below the embedded video).
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros