Microsoft unveils Surface Pro 4
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
English-Chinese-Translator - Details here
No less than 16 months after the release of its predecessor, the long-awaited Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is finally official. The Redmond giant has broken its annual release cycle, but it looks like it was worth the wait - the new Surface Pro is thinner, lighter and faster than the Surface Pro 3. Even more, this new Windows tablet can be upgraded with more memory after its purchase (not possible with the Surface Pro 3), and its list of options includes a 1 TB SSD.
These are the main specs of the Surface Pro 4 models up for pre-order on Microsoft's store and their prices:
- Intel Core M3, 4 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD - $899 USD
- Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD - $999 USD
- Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD - $1,299 USD
- Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD - $1,299 USD
- Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD - $1,799 USD
- Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD - $2,199 USD
All models mentioned above have a 12.3-inch display with 2,736X1,824 pixels, with a 0.016-inch Corning Gorilla Glass front, as well as a 5 MP front camera and a 8 MP image snapper on the back. The new Surface Pen comes in the retail box as well.
Pre-orders are already open and the tablet is expected to hit the market on October 26 in the US, while the UK will have to wait until November 12th.