Microsoft announces Surface Book
Microsoft unveiled yesterday the new Surface Book, a portable machine they describe as "a powerful, high-performance laptop with stunning craftsmanship and incredibly accurate and responsive pen and touch support." Its highlights include 6th generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors, up to 12 hours of battery life, as well as the flexibility provided by the detachable screen that can be used to sketch or take notes with the help of a stylus.
Microsoft Surface Book has the following specs and features:
- Processor: 6th generation Intel Core i5 and i7
- Memory/Storage: 8 GB or 16 GB RAM; 128 GB, 256 GB, or 512 GB
- Display: 13.5-inch PixelSense™ touchscreen with 3,000X2,000 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 8 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, 2XUSB 3.0, mini DisplayPort
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro
- Dimensions: 9.14X12.30X0.51- 0.90 inches laptop, 8.67X12.30X0.30 inches clipboard
- Autonomy: up to 12 hours of video playback
Discrete GPU options are also available, but the only choices are NVIDIA graphics adapters. While the Core i5 model with 8 GB memory and 128 GB SSD can be pre-ordered for $1,499 USD, the high-end Core i7 Surface Book with 16 GB memory, 512 GB SSD and discrete GPU costs $2,699 USD.
The retail box of the Surface Book also includes the Surface Pen stylus. The laptop can be already pre-ordered and will be available for purchase in the United States and Canada starting October 26.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros