Purported Microsoft "Surface Phone" specs leak
Rumours about Microsoft working on a "Surface Phone" have been circling the Web for about three years now, making the device almost mythical by now. However, it seems that the handset may actually be real. What’s more, if the newest report from WMPowerUser is true, then we might expect a really powerful smartphone coming from the Redmond giant.
The device, codenamed "Project Juggernaut Alpha", is apparently undergoing internal test at this moment. According to the report, it might be unveiled towards this end of this year or in early 2016.
The alleged specifications of the "Surface Phone" are as follows:
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1440×2560 resolution, AMOLED, ClearBlack Gorilla Glass 4
- Processor: 64-bit Intel Atom x3 (SoFIA)
- Camera: Back: 21 MP PureView Zeiss lens, Front: 8 MP Zeiss Wide-Angle lens
- RAM: 3 GB and 4 GB (two variants will likely be available)
- Operating system: Windows 10 Mobile
- Storage: 64 GB and 128 GB, expandable via MicroSD
- USB Type-C
- Wireless Charging
- Aluminium & Magnesium unibody
With the report coming from an unofficial source, it should be taken with a grain of salt. Nonetheless, if well-priced, a handset with such specifications could be the breakthrough that Microsoft needs in the smartphone business.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros